The Pacific House was an early day hotel.
It was located on Chestnut Street on the southeast corner of the block south of Elsworth Street. Joseph Harvey built and operated this hotel. This picture is from an original water color he did in 1872 which hangs on our walls at the Sweet Vale of Avoca Museum. (From "Avoca Historical Book 1869-1969" p. 15)