This school was the first frame school house in Newtown, and it was erected by Cyrus True as the contractor in 1858. It was in use until the year 1956-57 when it closed. Note the door to the storm cellar in the front left of the photograph. The school has been re-located to Edgington Park in Avoca. (From "Avoca Historical Book 1869-1969" p. 11)