Historical Buildings of Avoca thru the Years . . .
The Avoca Physicians Clinic officially opened for business on January 17, 1983 following an Open House on January 16th. Dr. R. E. Donlin and Dr. R. D. Harris announced regular office hours for the clinic five mornings each week. The clinic was a joint effort between the Harlan Hospital and the Avo...
Avoca Speedee Mart changed hands March 25, 2020 when David & Roxanne Jacobsen retired. New owner is from the Omaha area, and the business will retain the same name. Photo taken June 27, 2020 when regular gas was $1.99 per gallon. (Courtesy Barbara Butcher)
Casa Mexicana located at 133 North Elm Street in Avoca opened it doors to customers June 27, 2020. Previously known as the Old Main Street Grille. (Courtesy Barbara Butcher)
Names and street addresses associated with these businesses were taken from the book "A Community History Avoca, Iowa. 125 Years of History. 1869-1994" which was published to go along with Avoca's Quasquicentennial celebrated in July 1994. (Note that holding your mouse over a photograph will pause the photo in the slide show. Click on picture to enlarge. Click on four-arrow pointed icon to go full screen.)